Monday, March 27, 2006

The "Oxley" and the "Rushworth"

Now that our older children are school aged one sad reality is that it is harder to catch up with old friends and family...especially those a couple of hours drive away. That's why the school holidays are really special...not only a break from the hurley burley of school but a chance to catch up. What a laugh we had breaking out the Red wine lounging about while the kids played...then out came the raw rovings and the crock pot! What is it about red wine and creativeness....check out what Carol and I managed to put together. oh oh..not another trophy! Carol and I aimed for a purpley colour...and I guess you could say we achieved that...and more. I totally love this hank. Carol...now you can tell how much I adore you...nobody else in the world could have marched that little piece of Sheepychic magic outa my gate and survived!! hehe. Please....keep us all posted on how your hat turns out!! xxI don't normally name hanks...but here is a couple of exceptions....this is da-da-da-daaaaaa the "Rushworth".

My sister - in - law Andrea is so encouraging...it gives me a real buzz. I happened to have a roving brewing up when she popped in during holiday time and we had a fine ol' time pulling it all out and pinning it on the line while the kids disappeared playing. This little hank is chock o' block full of different colours....but with a beautiful winter-time depth. Check it out!

In the photo the colours appear a little lighter than they really are...

wow! even looks good wet and swimming in a bucket....

I'm sure Andrea won't mind me christening this hank....da-da-da-daaaaaaaa the "Oxley".

Thanks for logging into Sheepychic Bloggings...see you all..Ruth xxx PS. Andrea...keep an eye out for the mail man....a little birdie told me something may be coming out your way! (And keep us posted, won't you!) Andrea is a keen scrapbooker...her albums are absolutely georgeous. I'm wondering if some Sheepychic yarn may be included in some scrapbooking....it will be cool to see some alternative uses for this special yarn. I've used it as giftwrapping string (just imagine!), tied in bows attached to elastic hair ties (cute and sturdy for little P)..we even decorated out Christmas tree with handspun! (Well...it saved a trip to the shops!) All the best....Ruth xxx

6 comments:

Ruth.... said...

wow! thanks for posting, Carol...yeah..I know what you mean about missing you guys..funny, hey! We need to catch up more! xx

Merry Munchkin Designs said...

love it love it love it love it allllllll! Sick of telling you how cool you are though! Miss you, coffee soon? Love Tye.

Ruth.... said...

Tye..yours are the comments I love the most...your opinion means the world to me. Coffee as soon as I can...Ruth xx

Ruth.... said...

Whoops! I just read that back....gosh..sounds a little ungreatful to my other favourite posters..c'mon I love alllll you guys!

roseys madhouse said...

your ever so creative Ruth keep them coming I think Karmen would look adorable in a rushworth beanie..........(hint hint) lmao xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Merry Munchkin Designs said...

How can I refuse the enticement, as your favourite comment poster (nyenah), I will say it, YOU ARE SO COOL!!! Seriously darls, I do LOVE it!

Hand spun yarns web-ring...