Friday, September 01, 2006

Witchie Beanies are magically disappearing!

Things are quiet on the Sheepychic front, lately... which is baaddd 'cos I should be oh-so busy!(pictured: Sheepychic "Waterwheel")I have been really tied down with a horrid virus that has been through the children...my arms are aching from carrying around poor little D. He has been sooo hot and so clammy that I've actually had to change his Jarmies and bedding during the nights. It just went on and on and on. I know I've been having a whinge about still feeding them...but thank god they're still nursing 'cos nothing else was eaten. (And don't even mention our renovations. It's going to be great when it's finished...but o m g! I don't even know where my fleece stash is. My entire house had to be stuffed outside for a week under the verandahs. My spinning wheel is jammed somewhere in my room..(I think)

As usual Tye managed to pop into the void (thank god) and I had a wee spin at her house...magic happened. I spun some adorable purple yarn that I have ear marked for three different projects. The cuff on Tye's promised Witchie Beanie is the first....

This project began when Tye and I noticed that the freshly spun purple yarn seemed to complement this hank of Sheepychic "Waterwheel" yarn that I had given her ages ago. It was a funky Witchie Beanie in the making!

I decided to go a little higher with this one...so it flippy flops down nicely. I've left a sparkley tufted runner at the end which is screaming "I want a jingly little bell..I waannntt a jingly little bellllll". I think I'll put one on. That way Tye won't be able to sneak around and tidy up when I feel like being messy! (or pass near the kettle without making coffee...hehe)

Well...I just love it. Mostly knitted while P & D where running around a indoor cricket court filled with toys and puzzles and I endured the most absolutely insanely disgusting coffee I've ever tasted. (Not made.....tasted!) <---- This is my Darlin's favourite quote when he's cooking. It's a little test to see whether or not he actually reads my blog or quickly glances at the photos!.

Bye for now..and thanks for logging into Sheepychic Bloggings. Ruth xx.

8 comments:

Merry Munchkin Designs said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I CANNOT WAIT TO GET THAT WONDERFUL HAT ON MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!YOU ARE A LEGEND DARL, I DONT KNOW HOW YOU DO IT ALL! I so hope poor little man is feeling better and I will see you really soon! Thankyou so much for my hat!!!!! Love Tyexxxxxx P S I will make you a wonderful coffee, hehehe.

roseys madhouse said...

wow I love that beanie is it hard to make? Now remember I have never read a knitting pattern ever lol.
Sorry to hear poor D has not been well but I can sympathise as we've had it also.
Love to all

Ruth.... said...

hehe..no..it's not easy to make! I've never really read a knitting pattern either. I make it up in my head as I go!

Ruth.... said...

gosh! I've just read that back...I need to correct..It IS easy to make. I'm a nong.

Kerry said...

You should consider writing your Witchie beanie pattern...i would buy it!! Those "sheepychic" knitting needles are so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

hey cute witches at your house can't wait til they come camping at our place maybe they can whip up a few brews heheheheheh mmm I wonder what magic things will happen.......

Ruth.... said...

We are just so excited to be camping at your place soon...I wonder if I can fit in my spinning wheel...at least it doesn't need power! (quiet, too!) xxx

Severina said...

Wow, you are super talented !

Hand spun yarns web-ring...