Friday, February 09, 2007

Sheepychic happenings....

A quick update on a few Sheepychic happenings...I've spun up "Sheepychic - Lillybet" into a funky rustic single...about an 8 ply...
Remember my old carder? I pulled her out and ran through some Rose alpaca..THANKY to Holly at Hollyeeq for the fleece cleaning tips...I got on much better this time, thanks Holly. I ran some of Mandie's divine red Merino rovings in among the alpaca..made for a very rustic and cool batt. I want to spin it up in a real primative style yarn...as long as it doesn't break... I want it fuzzy and lumpy and chunky and weird and feral. hehe..you get my drift. Due to current drought conditions I've used the bath to soak the alpaca to try to use less water. Poor M ran out of the bathroom asking what was in the bath..."Alpaca" I replied. "When did it die"?!?! asked the very concerned M...hehe...poor little guy!
I've also spun up some light predyed Merino rovings...also from Mandie (see eBay..."ewe-give-me-the-knits")
Hmmm...what else? Oh yeah...A little more fabulous gothic-style chunkie yarns for my Witchie beanies...it's coming up Autumn soon, you know...hehe. This one is a black alpaca with a commercial purple/pink/bally/shiney yarn. It goes together so well! I'm thinking a beanie cuff...with the top a nice jet black...flowing to a witchie point, like the one P has on near my profile.
Anyway..I have to dash...thanks for popping into Sheepychic bloggings. Any yarn enquires can be forwarded on to sheepychic@hotmail.com. All the very best, Ruth....xx

5 comments:

roseys madhouse said...

they look fantastic I love the gothic chunky

Anonymous said...

You've been busy! It all looks wonderful, I just love looking at what you've been up to...makes me want to drag out my carder and get it cranked up :-)

Anonymous said...

Ruth. I love them all!

They are positively gorgeous!!

Any chance of bringing some along to next weeks knitfest?? I promise I'll be there.

Ruth.... said...

Okie doke...I'll bring a few hanks...sounds good. See you there...:D

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous! She is gonna be outspinnin her momma soon. Together, ya'll can do some really cool stuff. And if you are worried about stuff coming apart when you spin singles, just break it and tie an interesting knot - make it part of the plan, so that it looks like you meant it.
That child needs her own spinning wheel. Have you looked at babe's? They are priced right for kids and they can paint them or draw on them or whatever.
www.babesfibergarden.com

Shipping might kill you (prob $50 for airmail) but he may have a vendor on your side of the world... I adore my babe. I have both the regular and the bulky (big mama jama)and I wouldn't trade them. My next wheel will be an antique if I can ever find one in good condition.
Glad you like the dyes... the kids will have a ball because they are kid freindly and they can help you dye during the next spend the nighter. Just take your newly washed alpaca (glad you took the plunge) and put it in dixie cups or beer cups, which ever you have handy, soak in vinegar and add color. You can blend the colors too and let them soak overnight. Around here, this is what we do to let the kids play. It is fun and relatively safe but make sure they don't breath the dry dyes in. I just teach them to hold their breath when they are pouring it in, or I mix it into liquid for them depending on the age.
I want to see pictures!
Holly

Hand spun yarns web-ring...