Friday, June 30, 2006

First there was Woodstock...now we have "Woolstock"

Sheepychic "Woolstock" yarns are made for the hippies among us....hehe and the hippy in us all. I've drawn inspiration from the hippy era, 60's music... naturalism...flower power...Mamas and the Papas...the list goes on. Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair and enjoy some little lovin...and some Sheepychic Woolstock Yarns.

This Chocolate Brown Corridale Woolstock Slubby looks seriously similar to this guys dread locks. hehe...I bet my Slubby smells a heap better. (even before scouring!!) Can you believe there is an identical amount of fleece in those two Corridale hanks?! The bottom fleece is plied back on itself. I've even left the odd prickle 'cos it...like...adds to the vibe, mannnnnn. Yeahhhhhhh..

Speaking of vibe...I guess hemp and marijuana use was a big part of the hippy scene...but not for making yarn...hehe

This photo here (looks like a close up of Lucille Ball's hair-do...) is actually my stash of raw industrial hemp. Industrial hemp is a strain of cannabis valued in times past for it's strength and usefulness. Note the old picture of an Industrial hemp farm.

I am slowly working on blending hemp fibres and Merino to create the coooolest Hippy yarns ever! I am sooo interested in how these fibres will take up dyes and run through the wheel. Its a Sheepychic 'Woolstock Yarn' work in progress...but right now I'm off to meditate..and to paint the Family Wagon like that hippy bus! (and that's all I'm doing...I promise!)

All the very very best to you all...thanks for popping into

Sheepychic bloggings.

Bye for now, Ruth.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like totally cool man
Love & Peace from Andrea

Anonymous said...

Like doubly totally cool man or should l say woo man. Love and Peace at 6.44am Andrea, "whot you doing up then love"

roseys madhouse said...

they look really cool Ruth. Hope your all well xoxoxoxoxo

Merry Munchkin Designs said...

wow totally mind spacing man what a trip, will the hemp be absorbed through my skin dude?

Ruth.... said...

hehe...who knows? I'm sure you'll be your giggly self! When I was reading up on hemp (trying to find some fibre tips) I was amazed to read of all the different types. The industrial hemp has none of the ingredient that causes a high...and there is a strain that has an extremely high nutritional value! All I can say is that the raw hemp smells exactly like lucern hay! hehe

Anonymous said...

hey flower power to all I say bring back the good ol days.... mm maybe I still live in them lol love this post it is so you and me....

Hand spun yarns web-ring...