Monday, July 17, 2006

Shop meets Sheep

If you surveyed the general population I bet many, many people associate the words hand spun yarns with brown or cream wool (albeit beautiful) for country style knitwear.... however my spinning comrade Tye and I are always looking for ways to push the boundaries a little. (pictured...Sheepychic Falls. Care for a swim? hehe)

Take a look at the three hanks to the left of Sheepychic falls...we have 100% Merino handspun plied back with all sorts of goodies. (Tye's find...she has a wonderful knack of finding groovy stuff to incorporate with handspun - check out http://merrymunchkindesigns.blogspot.com/ )

(pictured: Sheepychic "Hearth-Side")

The neat fluffies are mohair bound in polyester and are commercially available. When running this back through with the Merino handspun I tossed in intervals of gold metallic fibres. Oh wow!...it actually looks warm! hehe

(pictured: Sheepychic "Glacier-side")

Same technique...different colours. Can you imagine working this yarn through a beanie with...say...some Sheepychic varied blue Slubby? Winter hat heaven!

Earthy colours work well, too..."Sheepychic Shaggy"

Everyone loves a funky novelty yarn at the moment but with these hanks you can have that wonderful hand spun Merino warmth...with a cool eye-catch. Neat!

Thanks for popping in to Sheepychic...and thanks soooo much for the great little comments. They make my day!

Ruth xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm packing my swimmers.
Love Andrea

Merry Munchkin Designs said...

I love, I love it, I really really do, I like to swim, la la la la, Go Sheepy chic falls!!!! Thanks for the plug Darl!!! Love Tye xx

Ruth.... said...

hehe...the Justine song, eh? I love that song! I love it, I love it, I really, really love it...ya dag!

roseys madhouse said...

these are spectacular Im am not suprised at the creations you girls get though you are both extremely talented

Hand spun yarns web-ring...