Thursday, January 03, 2008

The most amazing Christmas picture....

You know how sometimes somebody says something to you....and it kind of sticks with and you find yourself thinking about it vacantly?
Well....A while ago my Sister in law, A, and I were having a chat and she mentioned that she'd seen on telly Alison duBois (Medium) who was explaining that dearly loved family who had passed on often get frustrated as they send little messages...only finding that the living either miss them completely... or tell themselves to stop being silly. (Is that the gist of it, A? )
It was a strange conversation to have, in a way.... people who know me well know that I'm pretty straight laced about all this mystical stuff. I just don't know a lot about it, and never been compelled to learn.
Having said that here is a picture that has been sitting here with me that was drawn by my young son just before Christmas. Leading up to this drawing, D had only scribbled occasionally. He's not really into it. A few eye-dots here and there... punching holes in the paper with a pencil....typical 3 year old art.
Then this....
Paper and pencils are always on hand for the kids... but sadly no more pictures from D.
Could I possibly dare to even imagine this could be a Christmas card from heaven?
*** :D ***
2008! Who can believe it. I remember sitting in school working out how old I would be in the year 2000! sheeeeesh! Looking forward to it though.... should be a great year. Happy new year to all who log in... (well... to everyone, really!) May this year be full of happiness and love.
All the best, Ruth... xx

8 comments:

roseys madhouse said...

WOW that is pretty freaky isnt it????I know this year is going to be great for us all darl. Did you ask him about his picture? Like who are the people in the picture? Just that there are only 4 in the picture?

Ruth.... said...

mmm it is, isn't it! He said he drew some men. hehe... I see the three wise men following the Christmas star. (Of course, it could be the ninja turtles or something. Maybe I'm just jumping to very weird conclusions.)

Talk soon, Ruth. xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth,
Bridget and i had a fun sleepover! I loooooooove all of the wool you make it have some cool colours.
From one of your friends Alarna
P.S. Bridget next time i see you i will give back your tooth paste and brush! Cya Ruth

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth, thought l'd check in on Sheepychic tonight, found the pictures from Jan22 last year with the children working on the wool, have to get together soon. Love the picture, Christine

Kerry said...

I can definitley see the three wise men and the christmas star. Make sure you keep that picture!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth Wow I can see the three wise men and the christmas star I always thuoght D had been here before maybe its someone speical visiting through him.If it is say hi from me.

Love your fav sister-in-law

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie, I know its a small step, but its a step... go here, http://mmd32.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth, This is Brittany Bridgets best friend D's pic this pretty good my little brother can't even draw a person only a face.
Bye see ya later

From Brittany

Hand spun yarns web-ring...