Saturday, April 22, 2006

Rainbow 'n' Snow

Melbourne enjoyed the most amazing rainbow the other day....we actually stopped the car to look at it. It was raining heavily to the right of us and the sun was shining brightly to the left... bringing life to an enormous, perfect rainbow. You could see every single colour (the kids thought I was making up Indigo) and the colour went right down to the ground...even I was tempted to try and chase it!! hehe Speaking of chases, I'll cut to the chase about this posting...it's got some rainbowin' going on. I have been scratching my head trying to come up with some extremely cool yarn for a hat for B.R.K....something really colourful. Something really, REALLY colourful! Check this out! I've named it....Rainbow 'n' Snow. I've used 4 different varied sheepychic rovings....blues, yellows, pinks and greens (hehe I don't know where the orange and purple comes from!) spun sections of them in order and then plied them through with white merino. It's all 100 % Merino. I've also run some gold metallic thread through it as well. I've had a few other things on the boil, too. Just a peek, today...I'm on the hop!! Bye for now...and thanks for popping into Sheepychic! Ruth xx P.S. Here is some Rushworth plied back on itself and some gold thread...it is insanely fine and took an insane amount of time to spin...

1 comment:

Merry Munchkin Designs said...

there are no words!

Hand spun yarns web-ring...