Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sheepychic beanie...

There's nothin' worse than a cute funkie beanie that a) falls off...b) slips down over your eyes...c) doesn't keep your ears warm...if you want it to...d) looks like your Grannie's tea cosie..e) all of the above. I know a beautiful little girl who has none of these problems (I hope!!) because she is the owner of an original Sheepychic beanie...lets take a look! I was aiming for a really snuggy, chunkie band....a roomy floppyish top and I also wanted the inside of the band to be the "right side" so the cuff can be rolled and still be...er....right. hehe. In this picture you can see a small ball of Rushworth Snowy and the Rushworth which is still on the bobbin. I knitted this beanie straight off the lazy kate....then plunged the whole hat as soon as I had finished it into cold water to set the twist. I know...I know...I break every rule in the book. That light brown yarn is a factory yarn I used as a filler...there is one rule that mustn't be broken! Thou shalt not conceal any Sheepychic handspun yarn. hehe (Amen) This is what Rushworth Snowy looks like all knitted up... A Sheepychic beanie..all complete. This pattern is a fairly yarn thirsty pattern, with the large cushie cuff, but its worth it. Out of the $25 Rushworth hank (80gms) there remains 50gms of yarn left. Do take into account the snowy band, though, and the fact that this is a kids hat! A couple of embroidered dasies from eBay (see how you can get them from the previous posting on Cloes hat) and a Sheepychic Label which I will pop in with any hank if asked and viola!! A very neat hat...for a very special God Daughter!! kisses and cuddles to you, Sweetheart. hehe...I love the way that the gold metallic thread through the Rushworth yarn picks up the light...you can even see it twinkle in this photo...awwww ...what a cutie!! Thanks for popping into Sheepychic Bloggings...feel free to contact me for details on how to get your own Sheepychic yarn! All the very best, Ruth. xx

1 comment:

roseys madhouse said...

what a gorgeous model you have darlin. We love the beanie and show everyone lol.

Hand spun yarns web-ring...