Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A red carpet beanie?!?!?!

Once again Monday saw in some amazing first try projects...and I would like to thank Tye for showing me her amazing gold fluffy stuff....and I want to apologize to Tye for....um...using up half of her gold fluffy stuff. I spun up an 80gm Merino hank sprinkled over with the gold schpritz and plied back with some purple metallic thread. After dividing this hank into thirds I dyed two of them different shades of mauve and dusty purple, leaving the remaining one white. (This colour scheme was requested by the next Sheepychic winter hat owner-in-waiting...ooohhh...soon the wait will be over!!) Knitted up to a Sheepychic Beanie Design...all written up, I promise....these colours are just so beautiful...and the gold...wow..(Madam, please place your beanie on the conveyor and pass back through the detector...hehe)

I must confess...I had 10 minutes access before I parcelled this little beanie up...I love it...I really do.

If you love it too I can knit your version of this hat...you can give me an outline of the colour scheme..then lemmie at it! Contact details are in the profile of this blog...

All the very best to you..thanks for popping into Sheepychic bloggings...Ruth xx

mm-mm yum....dates. hehe

7 comments:

Merry Munchkin Designs said...

An oscar winner if ever I saw one, Taht looks soooooooo cool! I live it love it love it! I dont mind at all that you used the gold stuff so liberally, it is the least I can give you considering the fantastic wool you gave me!(twice)
I am doing a post about it now.....
slzoxn Stealthy Zoo Otters Largely Need Xrays.

Merry Munchkin Designs said...

Sorry could not miss the opportunity to have a go at this on
gpeiq Queer Guinea Pigs Eating Iris'es.

roseys madhouse said...

omg Ruth that looks incredible. Sign me up for one and where do deposit the money for it I soo much need one to wear.Even if its not cold I must show off your creations lol.

Kerry said...

rekrg...Ruth's extravagant knitting rocks girlfriend!

That beanie is fantastic..love the gold "bling" highlights!

roseys madhouse said...

dhbgug.......damn honestly beautiful gold use girlfriend lmao is that what Im supposed to do lol

Merry Munchkin Designs said...

Thats it Kathie, I am no longer speaking to you as you never visit my blog............. and leave nice comments anymore......
WUNED is my word verification and I think it speaks for itself!

Merry Munchkin Designs said...

Just to verify, I am SOOOOOOOO sorry! Kathie, PLEASE know that I am joking!!! I so hope you didnt take my comment the wrong way! Love Ya heaps and heaps!!!!

Hand spun yarns web-ring...