Sunday, January 07, 2007

Cutest sock yarn ever....

My holiday relax bag held a couple of hanks from my stash, Tyes 4 double ended needles that she lent me, a trashy novel, hand cream and some other goodies. More importantly, however, is what it DID NOT contain. It did NOT contain my beginners step by step sock knit booklet. Ahhhhhh!!!
Not impressed! A week in the country with my gorgeous sisters and s.i.l. and not a sock knitting guide in sight.
Oh well....with nothing to lose I cast on and hoped that the knitting force was with me. It was.....I tried not to think too much and went for it. Meet Sock number 3 & 4....no pattern!
They're not perfect...but oh so cute. Check out the dropped stitch, though! sheeeeeesh! I didn't spot until I'd finished....
All the very best and thanks for logging into Sheepychic bloggings. Thanks for your emails, too...keep 'em coming! As promised, the Sheepychic Catablog will be up and running very soon...come back in a week or so and check it out.
Any queries or just to say G'day email sheepychic@hotmail.com. If you're a regular Sheepychic bloggie be sure to leave a comment and say G'day!!
Regards, Ruth....xxx

4 comments:

roseys madhouse said...

your right they are very cute socks and hey as for the dropped stitch???? Only someone who knows how to knit would spot that darl.
It was great to talk to you the other day too....Im glad you had a good time on your holiday

Merry Munchkin Designs said...

I think you might have been the Kaffe Fassett of your generation in a past life dear, you never cease to amaze me with the way you can wing it! Those socks look great!!! Dont worry about the stitch, as long as you secure it it will be fine.

Talk soon, Cheers Tye x

Anonymous said...

Ruth they're GREAT.

It has inspired me.

After my next project (which Tye has informed is a JUMPER, please, I'm crying at the prospect) I'm gonna knit me some socks... well try to.

Kerry said...

4 double ended needles?! What the??? The socks look so cute!

Hand spun yarns web-ring...