Monday, January 22, 2007

Sheepychic creative kids workshop....

Loads of noise, laughter and mini-creative genius's in the Sheepychic groove this weekend as the dyes come out and the kids get busy!!!
I'm still in my "Randomness" inspired phase...so I really enjoyed letting the toddlers go for it.....we didn't know what would happen!! Fortunately what did result was some adorable pinkie/dusty purple Merino X rovings that should spin up a treat....photos to see over the next week or too....hehe..
It was interesting to watch and assist the kids as they each thoughtfully hand dyed their rovings.
You could really see their individual personalities and thought patterns at work...and really...the results were so adorable. I can't wait to spin up these little creations!
You should have seen our outdoor area with all the bunches of roving drying on their hooks. It reminded me of an underwater scene...I felt like a mermaid in my own garden!! hehe!
Anyway...all the best and thanks for logging into Sheepychic Bloggings. Don't forget, any enquiries can come through via email on sheepychic@hotmail.com. Feel free to leave a comment and say g'day. Bye for now, Ruth.
P.S. Sheepychic blog-store will be coming soon....thanks for your emails!!

9 comments:

That Spinning Place said...

Ruth, you are one very brave lady. The kitchen bench still looks amazingly colourstain-free! I bet they all had a ball. Love the photo of you amongst the dangly wool! Wen

roseys madhouse said...

You truly amaze me ruth with your ability to let the kids dye wool on the bench and not be stressed about the mess that could happen. I know myself I just couldnt do it but as I tell all my friends when talking about the amazing things you create, that you have this calmness about you that is truly, truly incredible. You do look like a mmemaid in your garden too by the way, a very happy mermaid. I bet your just thinking to yourself "mmm I wonder what this one should be " lol

Kerry said...

You have the patience of a saint.
Those photo's are priceless! Cant wait to see how they turn out!!

Merry Munchkin Designs said...

Ditto what they all said! I dont know how you do it dear!

Love the colours, they look awesome, cannot wait to see how they end up!

Love Tye x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ruth.... said...

Hiya Carol...that was an adorable comment! I really loved it and I was so sad to remove it...(I just need to leave some personal details off line...other wise I'll get inundated with modelling contracts...hehe) Love ya, Ruth xxx

Anonymous said...

Ruth, my dear, I do not know how you do it.

The thought of letting Finn loose with a spray gun of dye? A paint brush? Anything that could ruin my house? I'd have a coniption.

You do, indeed, have the patience of a Saint.

The rovings look wonderful and I'm seriously thinking about learning to spin. Once I'm free of the sock disorder I currently have.

Anonymous said...

To A. Ruth, l really like how you put me on your blog. It was really good fun making the colours on the wool and hanging them up to dry. Mum's wool was lost for a day and on a different day she found it and her wool turned out really good and she is going to knit it up. Love xxxx

Ruth.... said...

awwwww...thanks for leaving a comment! I had loads of fun, too...and I'm a little sad the school holidays and coming to an end. Hopefully next holidays I can show you how to knit something with your wool...like a scarf. All my love, Aunty. xxx

Hand spun yarns web-ring...